Challenges and Opportunities
Our client needed to upgrade their desktop GIS workflow application with advanced features as their current platform was built using ArcMap, which would soon become obsolete.
- The Arc Map was a single-threaded application.
- ArcMap lacked a dedicated tool for parcel editing.
- Their platform was configuration based and used a single file for configuration.
We incorporated multiple workflows (like Ownership transfer, Combine parcels, Discover, Retired parcel, Split parcels, Non-Mapped, Parent Child and transfer, Ad Hoc, Subdivision of parcels, GIS-only edits), including the split workflow for dividing a parcel by area to create new parcels.
The split workflow in Parcel Sync Pro is a feature that allows users to split a parcel into two or more separate parcels. This is useful when a property owner wishes to subdivide their property or when a local government needs to update its parcel data to reflect changes to property boundaries.
- The platform is designed to run on ArcGIsPro and supports data sharing across multiple other platforms, featuring robust capabilities.
- ArcGIS Pro is a multi-threaded application.
- We designed the platform using multiple files for quick and easy configuration.
- We created multiple tasks under Split workflow, including select parent, transaction information, split, attribution, addressing, overlay calculation, topology validation, and data validation.
- The platform is facilitated with enhanced Mapping Capabilities, including improved labeling and annotation tools, new cartographic tools, and enhanced symbiology options.
Impact and Business value
- Enhanced functionality and better performance due to advanced spatial analysis, 3D mapping, and real-time data visualization.
- Smooth, quick, and cost-effective transition due to technical expertise and support.
- Technical training helped to fully leverage the new Parcel SyncPro Platform and maximize its value.
- Modernizing the Parcel Sync platform improved efficiency, accuracy, and functionality, enabling better decision-making and supporting long-term growth and success.
- Improved collaboration, cost savings, and improved productivity.