Outsourcing is Making Healthcare Softwares More Patient-centric
Outsourcing is a practice whereby certain activities are delegated to outside resources instead of using internal resources. Outsourcing is now a common practice in almost all industries. In terms of technology, the development of software applications is the most often outsourced IT function. The global pandemic has returned our attention to the health system as many healthcare facilities are operating at full capacity, facing many challenges including excess patient monitoring requirements, shortages of supplies, and changing clinical / staffing needs.
Healthtech organizations around the world are facing unprecedented challenges due to COVID19. The current situation has enhanced the need for technology-based healthcare systems capable of supporting physicians who treat their patients remotely, and healthcare professionals to digitally monitor the health and progress of their patients. According to the “Market Research Engine” report, the global healthcare IT outsourcing market is expected to grow up to US$ 62.37 Billion by 2026, at a CAGR of about 8.05% during the forecast period.
With the emergence of the Covid19 pandemic, three response phases of the health system have begun: react, recover and renew. Software companies are now eager to expand into new industries in 2022 and beyond, to support these responses and make it more patient-centric with healthcare marketing, patient engagement, patient monitoring, mobile health, precision medicine, etc. Technology and talents will therefore be the driving force behind the rehabilitation phase of the healthcare system.
As the digitalization of the healthcare sector (Why the rise of telehealth service will improve healthcare?) is underway, software development companies are working with medical companies to help them reinvent their operations with custom healthcare software development and establish reliable software.
Traditional and Custom Healthcare Software Development: Traditional software development is the process of simple software development where it does not involve the integration of advanced technologies. It offers simple, non-dynamic solutions. While the custom healthcare software solution is all about developing dynamic solutions intact with all cutting edge technology. Therefore, healthtech leaders need to assess and make the most of next-generation technologies, and outsourcing (Why outsourcing is a requirement in the post-pandemic world?) will enable them to innovate and advance technologically.
According to a Deloitte survey, 32% of surveyed organizations are planning to implement customer experience (CX) and user-centric design through outsourcing in 2022.
6 Reasons to Outsource Custom Healthcare Software Development in 2022
It’s a win-win situation when businesses save money by hiring a dedicated team and service providers who put their expertise and experience to work. The remote team creates smart websites and health application development to deliver cost-effective treatments and real-time data. With artificial intelligence (AI) (Why AI is a necessity in healthcare?) and other innovative approaches, healthtech companies will benefit from the rapid processing of patient data.
- Economical and Efficient: The economical aspect is widely recognized when it comes to software development and its outsourcing. The outsourcing team works on an hourly basis and proves to be more efficient and companies need to pay for the time it was directed to be completed. Cost depends on several factors such as:
- Developing Application Infrastructure: If it’s cross-platform application development, it would cost less than native app development.
- Recruiting Professionals: The professionals required at different stages in app development add to the cost. From project manager or scrum master to UX/UI designer, then developers and QA engineers all contribute to the company’s budget. So it’s better to opt for an offshore development team and unburden these tasks and their costs.
- Training the Recruits: When quality doesn’t match the requirements you need to train the employees and build a potential team to get work done. So outsourcing saves a significant chunk of your budget.
- Increased Productivity with Healthcare 4.0: Outsourcing the healthcare app development increases productivity, for, developers working offshore already have the necessary skills, and companies don’t need to involve in HR activities and practices rather in a new age industries need to focus on smart technologies like AI, 5G, etc., to enhance the quality of healthcare service.
With the evolution in technologies, healthcare needs to evolve further in 2022 and beyond with a new era of “Healthcare 4.0”, originating from “Industry 4.0”. As the latter leverages 5G, cloud computing, IoT, etc., the former anticipates leveraging them in the healthcare sector.
Healthtech firms can increase productivity with digitization and the use of technologies that would take support beyond the walls of the hospital by providing support anytime, anywhere. This can be done by redesigning the healthcare softwares with advanced technologies i.e., AI, ML and sustaining the change by redesigning services to deliver better care and value.
- Access to Global Software Developers: It’s easier to get access to new talents when outsourcing healthcare software development. This expands the options to avail the globalized talents in terms of advanced technological expertise. It more resonates with healthcare 4.0 i.e., which harnesses industry 4.0 technologies to improve healthcare. Not all healthcare (Mega Trends Transforming Healthcare in 2021 and Beyond) industries have experts in advanced technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) for automation, big data analytics for decision-making, and others. Hiring offshore developers who are well versed in app development with knowledge of advanced technologies means winning a custom healthcare software development.
Developers in this field must be well versed in understanding the compliance of healthcare standards, security, and availability standards, to be leveraged by healthcare enterprises. Integrating frameworks like Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP) must be done by developers starting from planning to execution. This works only with developers who possess the skills to understand the detailed requirements of healthcare providers like patient monitoring.
- Experienced and Flexible Team: By outsourcing, companies can scale the team up and down as per project requirements as hiring and relieving, and setting up infrastructure entails huge costs. This also facilitates hiring experienced teams who have already worked in advanced technologies and understand what it takes to make the software more patient-centric and what it requires for data processing in healthcare.
According to the IDC report 2020, more than 50% of healthcare organizations expect to increase demand for AI-based solutions during pandemics and expect to grow in the future, in the Asia/ Pacific region (excluding Japan). This seems formidable when healthcare industries don’t have experts with them.
- Escalates Operational Efficiency of Softwares: Being agile in an uncertain time especially post-pandemic, is highly needed by organizations seeking custom telehealth solutions keeping it more patient-centric. With an overburdened in-house team, this seems difficult, and outsourcing the telehealth custom software seems to provide this agile solution. Since healthcare is highly anticipated in terms of providing the best service to users, the agility-scalability feature has to be paramount when developing the best healthcare solution.
Scaled Agile, an agile framework provider that provides efficient software for the healthcare industry namely, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and has transformed the way healthcare software developments are done. Healthtech providers are choosing to outsource the software development to Scaled Agile to implement the SAFe framework for improved efficiency, time-to-market, and employee engagement.
- Effective Data Collection: Outsourcing provides updated technologies for data collection in software without investing capital which otherwise would cost a reasonable amount in the development of the same in the in-house project.
Healthcare encompasses a diverse set of public and private data collection systems, including health surveys, administrative records, billing records, and medical records, used by various entities including hospitals, doctors, and health plans. Hence, firms have started outsourcing data management and also providing access to healthcare professionals who are experts in data handling.
There are a plethora of advantages that healthcare software development outsourcing gives including better healthcare facilities, progressed healthcare processes, more advantageous remedies, and others. Health is a constantly evolving sector. To cope up with innovations, the health sector must be on its toe. So, when companies decide to outsource healthcare software development needs, it is important to find an ideal software development partner company.
Big Data Analytics in Healthcare to Substantiate Need of Outsourcing
Rising pressure on healthcare companies to reduce increasing healthcare costs, increasing investments in research and development, and growing demand for niche medical services are some of the key motivators for the global healthcare outsourcing market which will facilitate the outsourcing practice in 2022 and beyond.
Some of the most common services outsourced by healthcare firms include IT and billing services and scarcity of expertise in this field of healthcare and unavailability of competent service providers will further enhance the dependency on offshore partners.
Another major breakthrough will be in big data that has the potential to enhance and revolutionize medical care research and practices which will consequently allow companies to accumulate, analyze, absorb, and manage huge volumes of structured, disparate, and unstructured medical data. Researches (according to Verified Market Research) show that expected investments (USD 73.87% billion by 2026) in big data will increase and this will ultimately beget the need for outsourcing as talent acquisition in analytics and data involves a large investment.
Techment Technology proves to be an innovative partner when it comes to providing a seamless experience in critical requirements in healthcare. We choose to strike a balance between industries and concerned users in our software solutions. For custom and efficient healthcare software development, get in touch with us.