Challenges and Opportunities
The challenges faced by our client were:
- Decreased productivity and poor user engagement due to obsolete UI/UX. In addition, their content builder tool was underperforming and required multiple clicks.
- Interactive content packages like SCORM, LTI, and Skillable Learn-on Demand Labs lacked technical support.
- Incompatibility with different file types like PDF, CSV, Zip, etc.
- High-level manual intervention needed to author a single course.
- Inability to customize and style the content with tenant’s brand design.
- Additional man-hours needed to run scripts, author, review, test and publish courses.
- Inability to ingest data from diverse sources like ePUBS, pdfs, and XMLs
Perfection is an arduous journey and team Techment is always ready to go the extra mile.
- We resolved the bottlenecks in their REST APIs and database, which accelerated the performance of the web application and content-building tool.
- We redesigned the content-building tool to boost authors’ productivity.
- We upgraded the web application by modernizing specific modules from backbone JS to Vue JS.
- We upgraded the CMS to ingest data from diverse sources like PDF, CSV, Zip, etc.
- We built technical capability on SCORM, LTI, Skillable learn on-demand on content builder tool and web application. It helped them gain a competitive edge.
- We enhanced the user experience greatly by automating the content builder tool to edit, delete, and bulk upload assets for their content.
- We built a UI to provide an instant content preview to match the tenant’s design. It greatly reduced the man-hours needed for reviewing and testing courses.
- We developed a web application for the Content ETL tool.
- This web application provides an interactive GUI-based approach for the content processing and ingestion from varied file types of files: PDF, XML, EPub, and other file types in the future.
- After content transformation on desired lines, it gets stored as HTML (along with CSS, Images, etc.) in a file system compatible DB (NoSQL DB) that helps in seamless content search from the CMS.
- The solution also involved prototyping, which involved format conversion, front-end and back-end scripting, processing, and automation of the conversion process.
- Continuous optimization of our solution makes it fit for diverse file formats.
Impact & Business value
- We optimized e-learning tools to provide stability and reliability..
- We provided tenant-specific improvements and enhancements.
- Our Ruby on Rails expertise ensured faster go-to-market.
- Cost-effective solutions with 98% on time deliveries ensuring faster turn-around time.