Digital-first Approach Expediting Digital Customer Experience (DCX)
When it comes to customers there has been a radical change in thinking and customer experience (CX) today has a more powerful punch when it comes to organizational success because it’s integral to differentiating brands, generating revenues, and fostering customer loyalty. For organizations, hyper-personalization (Know what technological advancements will take hyper-personalization and customer experience to the next level) and improving customer experience (CX) means studying closely about what would benefit them, ultimately customer loyalty and brand differentiation.
Customers now expect seamless, fast, and frictionless digital experience for which companies are now focusing on a “digital-first” strategy which refers to the ever-changing need to be, think, and create commerce experiences with a digital-first mindset.
2022 will see digital customer experience which is about online presence and expression of traditional CX, showing empathy, building trust, and human connection. Also, the customer experience trend in 2022 will take place by integrating all offline and online touchpoints into one cohesive buying journey known as omnichannel customer experience (CX) with an AI-first approach by managing several interactions. Hence, companies have started adding tools to scale their operations, automate the tasks, personalize conversations, prioritize employees, and meet customers where they are.
6 Customer Experience (CX) Trends in 2022 Growing With Digital Technologies
The year 2022 will be the period of digital customer experience (DCX) where organizations will learn to invest in systems, processes, and technologies and respond to customers’ needs. The following trends will gain popularity and provide a digital customer experience (DCX) (Know how your company can enhance digital customer experience?).
- “Want-it-now” Culture Through Digital-first: With growing high-tech, high-speed, services are moving towards a want-it-now culture where customers want everything at the exact moment when they thought it. This instant gratification (experience fulfillment without delay or deferment) can be fulfilled by modern devices and information exchange. Making online availability through the maximum possible digital channels will enhance the digital customer experience (DCX).
- Omnichannel Experience Through Conversational Analytics: Conversational analytics uses artificial intelligence to derive data from human language, both written and verbal. The unstructured data trapped in these interactions are matched against structured metadata such as which agent has answered the call, the time and date when a customer contacted, and who the customer is. Once all the data is in the desired format, the customer journey becomes clear regardless of which channel is chosen.
Right conversational analytics technology like NLP can elevate the customer experience by uncovering the critical insights that were once undetectable and help customers self-serve for a smoother experience.
- Immersive Experience Through Extended Reality (XR): The customer experience (CX) landscape is evolving into a new type of hybrid experience with highly interactive, physical-virtual connections through AR/ VR. These technologies i.e., extended reality (AR/ VR) can overlay and share physical objects, spaces, and images on a users’ view of the real world.
More use of mobile devices and technologies has provided more power to micro-moments to define the rules in acquiring products and services. The online presence hence and choosing the right technology at the right point to enhance AR/ VR technology is becoming more significant.
- Digital Contact Center Through Cloud-based Platforms: A digital contact center is a cloud-based (If planning to migrate towards the cloud, know how you can leverage for expediting AI usage) contact center that utilizes the latest digital technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), internet-of-things (IoT), natural language processing (NLP), etc., to become more predictive than reactive, to improve customer experience (CX).
This provides omnichannel experience usually by AI-first approach where brands usually automate most of the interactions through engaging self-service experiences. Here voice and digital channels blend to create effortless and seamless experiences in any channel that customers choose.
- Generation-less Digital CX: The digital-first approach has led to more emphasis on generation-less for digital channels for setting channel preferences for Gen Z or millennial customers. The digital divide has to be eliminated for which companies must provide 24/7 availability, great web usability, and a swift switching between channels for a better omnichannel experience.
According to research by Barkley, GenZ and Millennials are becoming dominant consumer groups with an estimated purchase of $ 100 billion with multiple digital channels.
Hence, generation-less digital channels are significant for a streamlined approach to CX for which fast responding communication channels are becoming paramount.
- Agent Empowerment Through AI: Agent empowerment is facilitating assistance in customer support especially in dealing with complex queries. AI can efficiently give agents real-time customer insights, best product recommendations, best practice guidance, etc., AI also enables organizations to analyze agent conversations across each channel, in real time or at a later date, facilitating the development of customer-specific approaches.
For effective CX, companies need to prioritize digital channels and keep track of what customers of different generation demands. Legacy technology may be challenging to respond to customers’ expectations but moving towards change and delivering consistently improved experiences through different channels will become more prominent.
Hyper-personalization to Shift Customer Experience Paradigm
With omnichannel experience and more digital-native experience gaining traction, 2022 will see enhanced digital-first strategies. The CX team leaders will leverage a journey-based approach and take actions that will maximize the success of every customer segment. Millennials and Gen Z customers will be focused, demanding a smooth experience when interacting with a brand regardless of the channels they use, be it voice or digital media like chat, social media, and online forums. A brand with an omnichannel customer experience will win in this scenario.
Channel-agnostic services will further bring hyper-personalization at scale as this will see more engagement of customers from different segments in 2022 and beyond. Brands will have to focus on technologies and creative approaches to improving efficiency without negatively impacting the customer experience.
Techment Technology believes in creating digital experiences by targeting smart technologies and powerful human connections for clients and startups. For more information on how we are looking to enhance our CX, get a free consultation.