Is Cloud Democratization AI?
The on-demand availability of computer resources and the power of the cloud has unburdened companies from direct active management of resources. The enhanced security, stability, and scalability of the cloud have navigated the practices of doing business to a new edge. On a larger scale AI cloud services are making organizations more efficient, strategic, and insight-driven. Several types of services i.e., web-based service, X-as-a-Service (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc.), utility services, managed services & service commerce have given a chance to enterprises to explore how they can exploit the cloud services in the best possible way. According to Gartner, more than $ 1.3 trillion in IT spending will be affected by the shift to the cloud by 2022.
In the vicinity of the cloud, several emerging and well-acknowledged technologies have established their foundation which is playing a major role in digital transformation. The convergence of four megatrends: Cloud, AI, IoT, and big data have managed to bring disruption in the digitalization of companies.
Big Data and AI: The ability of the cloud to store data has created a synergetic collaboration between the cloud and big data. A similar relationship is observed between big data and AI where data drives the functioning of AI which has marked new trends in business, technology, commerce, entertainment, and many more. Regardless of industry, AI’s greatest ability is its learning ability, enabling enterprises to accommodate more AI cloud services.
AI and Cloud Together: Though AI has tremendous capabilities to benefit companies but becomes restricted because of the requirement of resources and massive upfront investment. But the cloud has made this easier and is democratizing access to AI by giving companies the opportunity to use it. Inturn AI favors streamlining workload and automating repetitive tasks. According to PwC’s “Global Artificial Intelligence Study”, by 2030, AI will lead to an estimated $15.7 trillion, or 26% increase in global GDP.
5 AI Cloud Services Expediting Access to AI usage for SMBs
Companies always seek to leverage the benefit of AI cloud service but the obvious reason for not being able to utilize AI is the lack of talents or enterprise skills required for programming and the only cloud will be able to provide phenomenon scalability to business. When cloud and AI (more specifically ML) are involved together, it’s known as “Intelligent Cloud”. Over the years companies like Google, Microsoft, IBM, and Amazon have used the intelligent cloud solution. Knowing the compounded solution will help companies to enhance their vision of how to incorporate AI with the help of the cloud.
1. IoT Cloud: IoT cloud is the vast network that supports large IoT devices and applications. It comprises underlying infrastructure, servers, storage, services, and standards that are required for real-time operations, processing, connecting, managing, and securing different IoT devices and applications. For many SMBs using IoT, it has become a need to establish an infrastructure with all servers, hardware, and other components for IoT, maintaining and securing it. Cloud platforms in such a case bring the solution closer.
- Data Mobility: When it comes to IoT; real-time data monitoring and tracking is the key, and with IoT cloud, the data can be accessed from anywhere i.e, it won’t be bound by any infrastructural or networking constraints.
- Less Time-to-Market: This usually takes less time to market, less time and effort to implement but this definitely involves the expense of platform customization which is better than bearing the time-consuming deployment of data management, analysis, and upgrades involved in on-premise IoT infrastructure.
2. Cloud BI: BI is about the use of various technologies and tools to analyze and collect data and aid in decision making where the cloud serves as a repository for large data volumes and creates an ideal platform to build BI applications.
With AI, business intelligence is better positioned to break down large volumes of big data into granular information and intelligence incorporates the latest technologies, such as machine learning, to provide real-time information on trends that will occur in the future. Hence, Cloud-BI providers provide a unified platform where you can analyze the performance of your business services. Cloud BI providers help customers transform their logistics platform by introducing ML, AI, NLP, computer vision, and more.
3. Conversational AI: Conversational AI refers to technologies like conversational chatbots and virtual agents that can communicate. It thinks about the primary questions asked by your users and prepares how to interact. Despite being weak AI, it is proving profitable for SMBs through popular use cases i.e., AI chatbots. When the cloud enters conversational AI, companies can create personalized customer experiences without manual logic building. Cloud helps in building more historical, training, and analytical data.
4. Cognitive Cloud: Cognitive cloud involves human interaction, machine learning, and NLP to simulate human thought processes where the answer is ambiguous. It is based on cloud and signal processing. After collecting data from the cloud it uses NLP, self-learning, pattern recognition, data mining, etc. to anticipate probable problems and structure possible solutions. This technology is seen in cloud infrastructures like Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud, and many others. It helps companies to automate their operations, usually SaaS-based companies.
5. AI-as-a-Service (AIaaS): Cloud has become a priority and one of the major AI cloud services for companies so that they can access infinite data and this is where AI-as-a-Service comes in, which makes AI accessible for everyone. Artificial Intelligence as a Service (AIaaS) is a third-party AI outsourcing service. Most smart vendors, whether they are software companies, consultants, or professional service companies, either offer or partner with companies that can offer a full range of services to support an AI solution.
AIaaS for SMBs: For most SMBs that want AI and cloud, didn’t have enough resources to develop such software and platforms, and before AIaaS, strong and fast GPUs were required to run AI and ML. With AIaaS it was easy for SMBs to build AIaaS without coding as the level of complexity reduces to a great deal.
Giant companies which offer the AI market are realizing that it is no longer enough to simply offer AI software or AI toolsets to their customers. Google, IBM, Microsoft, and other prominent players have actively implemented AI cloud services as an important part of their technologies.
Viz.ai is a medical imaging company that is specialized in engaging AI in healthcare and creates a directory of information for specialists to help them pipeline the activities for patients and treat them better.
Enterprise Level AI Platforms in Cloud will Democratize Adoption of AI
With customers having high expectations and heightened awareness, a lot of data is needed to meet their needs and expectations. Many SMBs cannot compete directly with established tech giants without AI these days. However, by strengthening their services with AIaaS, they have good opportunities to meet customer expectations in their niche areas without any significant technology investment.
AI-based initiatives, which provide strategic contributions to decision-making, are supported by the flexibility, agility, and scalability of the cloud. The investments that companies make using artificial intelligence will generate multiple returns with help of the cloud. Organizations need to build an enterprise-grade AI platform strategy with a software stack that pulls multiple technologies together in a systemic fashion to enhance AI adoption.
To be ready for the future, SMBs must have an approach to standardize the management of models, datasets, and data channels across the enterprise with the AI cloud. AI-integrated enterprise software is now the primary way to use AI, and such software is increasingly cloud-based, helping to make the AI cloud more real. The future lies in working with businesses to create specific domain scenarios and models for different industries.
Techment Technology provides enterprises with cloud-based AI platforms. To know the most appropriate AI cloud service for your business, get our free consultation.