Tell us something about yourself
A data architect is a professional responsible for designing, creating and managing an organization’s data architecture. They play a crucial role in ensuring that data assets are organized, structured and accessible to support business needs and goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Data architecture: Developing and implementing the overall data architecture strategy, including data modeling, database design, and data integration approaches.
- Data Modeling: Creating conceptual, logical, and physical data models that align with business requirements and optimize data storage, retrieval and processing.
- Ensure the overall suitability and fit of designs, schemas, and pipelines with regards to data coverage, functionality, scalability, and usage patterns to include workflow automation, analytics, asynchronous event notifications, and streaming.
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality.
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models, flowcharts, security and backup procedures.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management & executive teams.
- Monitor the system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting & integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ of proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role.
- Integrating technical functionality, ensuring data accessibility, accuracy, and security.
- Proficient in data modeling and design, including SQL development and database administration.
- Ability to implement common data management and reporting technologies, as well as the basics of columnar and NoSQL databases, data visualization, unstructured data, and predictive analytics.
- In-depth understanding and Knowledge of database structure systems, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Expertise in SQL, Oracle, MS Excel and other databases.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Salesforce, js and R)
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- 9+ Years